Participant number: 11
Legal Name: Inserm Transfert
Dr Christiane Dascher-Nadel
Description of the legal entity:
Founded in 2000, Inserm Transfert SA is the private subsidiary of the French National Institute of the Health and Medical Research (Inserm), dedicated to technology transfer (from invention disclosure to industrial partnership). Inserm Transfert runs a comprehensive set of technology transfer activities from classical value chain activities to unique solutions:
- Scouting & Intellectual property management, with a philosophy of giving a chance to all innovations (portfolio of 1673 patent families in 2017)
- Early development & Proof-of concept support for therapeutics and diagnostics (biomarkers), with a philosophy of maximum consolidation of the earliest phases, with more than 15 M€ since 2009 with the objective to create value. In 2017, 281 projects were detected and about 400 contracts and licences were signed
- Setting up public multi-private partnerships on cohorts, databases, biobanks & public health management
- Collaborative Research Funding: setting up proposals and managing collaborative research projects (FP7, H2020, IMI, national programmes, etc.)
The collaborative research funding (FRC) department of Inserm Transfert is currently managing 29 collaborative projects in the field of life sciences and health, funded by European (Horizon 2020) and national (Investissements d’avenir) programmes. The company has already established management links with more than 300 life science organisations, including more than 50 biotech SMEs, in Europe. In 2018, the project managers of the department have supported the submission of 36 proposals in response to EU and national calls for projects. At the time of the submission of TheraLymph, the success rate for the FRC is 57% of project selected for funding. Having faced and solved many issues raised by the European cooperation in medical research, the team can anticipate and address quickly any kind of questions emerging in collaborative research programs. The FRC is certified ISO 9001.2008 since January 2010 for the management of European and International biomedical research projects and has a strong expertise in the financial and contractual rules of the EU and national programs and all aspects linked to European cooperation.
IT, via its dedicated Project Management Team, will be assisting the coordinator in the overall WP supervision. It will be supporting the Coordinator for the legal and administrative management of the consortium and exploitation of foreground and management of Intellectual property. The main tasks can be summarized as follows:
- Ensure a professional driving of the project with adapted management internet based tools and in accordance with administrative, financial and legal issues defined by the EU contract (WP8)
- Offer a logistic support for the organization of meetings and writing of minutes (WP8)
- Ensure a professional management of the IP of the project (WP9)
Christiane Dascher-Nadel (Female):
Senior Project Manager, PhD; strong background in both international academic and industrial research. She joined Inserm Transfert’s Department of European and International affairs in 2003. With more than 15 years at Inserm Transfert she has acquired extensive experience in managing European projects (FP6, FP7 and H2020).
Matthieu Collin (Male)
Director of the Intellectual Property department. Engineer in biological engineering and European Patent Attorney
Maylis Largeteau (Female)
Legal counsel. Maylis holds a Master 2 of law of Health Industry products from University Paris Descartes. Before joining IT in 2014, she was a legal counsel at Sanofi.
IT Main tasks in the project per WP:
- WP8: Within the Project Management Team, IT will assist the Coordinator in the legal, administrative, financial, and project management of the consortium.
- WP9: IT is leader of the WP and will contribute to the appropriate communication of the project results as well as in the dissemination, IP and exploitation activities
We are determined to find a treatment.